Wednesday, January 25, 2012

More Than That Donut...

So, here I am, about a month into my Positive Life Change. I had my 5th workout today, and I felt great afterward, though I did wonder if maybe I should have felt "more worked out". I did the prescribed leg work (reps and weight), and I broke a sweat, even did my ab work, then stretched. I hope I did everything correctly.

I've been watching what I eat more carefully and have been intentional on eating more fruits and veggies. I added green beans to a Sunday night pasta and beef sausage dish and ate some salad; I've eaten fruit every day this week; I was quite proud of myself today as my plate from Luby's looked like the plate on this blog (half veggies, 1/4 protein, 1/4 grain! And two days ago, something came out of my mouth that shocked both my husband and myself. He had brought home a couple of donuts - one glazed and one chocolate frosted. There I stood looking them in their frosty eyes (donut holes). And then, as I mustered up the strength to resist, out came, "I want to have a baby more than I want that donut!" But before I turned away from them, I watched as my husband's mouth dropped. Not that this has been kept a secret from him, but I think he was attempting to keep my rejection of the donuts separate from himself. I reassured him and while pinching some of my stomach flab, reiterated that I desperately want to get rid of it.

Of course, after he left for work it was a little harder to stick to my guns. I ate a quarter of each one. Afterward, I felt satisfied with my half donut, and resolved to eat anything unhealthy only in moderation if the temptation was too great. I've been down that road many times where deprivation leads to binging.

Which brings me to a question - what is worse? Half of a donut or half of a buenuelo?

Anyway, I'm motivated to keep up my workouts! Though I'm not looking forward to my next weigh and measure in 8 days, after being in bed for 5 days with the flu and basically just eating, eating, eating. I will be happy if I didn't gain anything, but ecstatic if I lost just a little something. Time for sleep, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment